The new visa category enables individuals, along with their family members, to relocate to Australia effortlessly. This program specifically grants permanent residence, making applicants permanent residents of Australia from the moment they set foot in the country under this visa.
Australia is most common destination among the immigrants. Like Canada, US and UK, Australia welcome immigrants in large number each year. People not only from Asian countries but from US also immigrate to Australia for various reasons.
Today, the focus of this article is on a new Immigration Pathway of Australia called Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189. This Subclass 189 Visa is actually a Permanent Residence Pathway to Australia.
What is Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
This is a Permanent Residence (PR) Visa Program, in which you can include your immidiate family members as well. This Visa allows you to stay in Australia for an indefinite period of time.
Holders of the Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 are considered the Permanent Residents of Australia from day one they get the visa. This visa remains valid for 5 years, and the Skilled Independent Visa subclass 189 holders are free to travel in and out of Australia in these 5 years.
After 5 years, you will need a Resident Return (RRV) visa (subclass 155 or 157) to re-enter Australia as a permanent resident.
Benefits of Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
This Visa comes with a lot of benefits, like
- You can sponsor your relatives to Immigrate to Australia
- You can work in Australia (no need of a seperate work permit)
- You can study in Australia (no need of a seperate study permit)
- You and your Family members can live in Australia Permanently
- Health benefits from Australia’s Public Healthcare system
- Travel in and out of Australia multiple times
- Apply for Australian Citizenship (if eligible)
Eligibility Criteria for Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
There ae 212 eligible skilled occupations set for Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189. You must have eligible work experience from any of these occupations. Check the occupations list below
Note: Select [189 – Skilled Independent (subclass 189) – Points-Tested] in the “Select Visa” section of the Skilled Occupations list.
Other Eligibility Factors
- Must have an invitation (from Australian immigration) to apply for the visa
- Must have skills assessment in any of the skilled occupations
- Age – 18 to 45
- English Language Skills (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, OET)
- Medical / Health Requirements
- Character Certificate / Police Clearance Certificate
- Score minimum 65 points
This is a points based pathway to move to Australia. Applicants need to score minimum 65 points to be eligible to apply. These points are calculated on different factors.
For detailed points table and points calculator, please visit the Australian Immigration Website Here
Fees for Skilled Independent Visa subclass 189
The visa fee is AUD4,240 for the main applicant. There is an extra fee for each family member included in your application.
Skilled Independent Visa gives you an opportunity to Immigrate to Australia along with your family without a Job Offer Letter. Live and Work in Australia as a Permanent Resident of the country, enjoy the perks and benefits which comes along with this visa.