Application Deadline: November 15
Great offer! The current financial aid program at Amherst College is a need-based program that helps out international students who are struggling financially. This study grant is available for the 2023/24 academic session.
Once students have been accepted, their financial needs will be evaluated. Then, they are eligible to receive a financial aid package proportional to their demonstrated financial need. Since the award can consist of both self-help (employment) and gift aid, the term “aid package” is sometimes used to describe the total amount received (scholarships and grants)
How to Apply to Amherst College
STEP 1: ESTABLISH YOUR AMHERST ONLINE APPLICANT CREDENTIALS:
- Go to the Amherst College Password Reset page.
- Enter your e-mail address that you listed on your admission application and hit the “submit” button.
- You will immediately be sent an e-mail which will include your username and a link to the College’s password reset system. When you click the link, you will see your Amherst username (make note of it!) and you will be able to create an Amherst password.
- At the “Change Password” screen, enter the temporary password sent in the e-mail. This password is time sensitive, so it is important to complete this step promptly.
- Create a new strong password that satisfies the College’s password rules.
- You will use the same account login credentials for both your Admission Application Status Portal (ASP) and Financial Aid Portal (FAP).
STEP 2: ACCESS AND REVIEW YOUR FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION CHECKLIST:
- Access the Financial Aid Portal by logging into your Application Status Portal and using the quick-and-easy Financial Aid Portal button, or directly accessing the Financial Aid Portal at Amherst.edu/go/faportal.
STEP 3: REVIEW YOUR FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION CHECKLIST
- Use the “Documents & Messages” link to review the current status of each required document.
STEP 4: SUBMIT ANY MISSING APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Documents shown in blue are live links to more information or to the form itself.
- Respond promptly to ensure that any missing materials are submitted as soon as possible.
- Notices of financial aid awards (if your application is complete) will be accessible online at the same time admission decisions are available to first-year and transfer applicants.
If you have any problems accessing your Financial Aid Portal, or if you have any other questions about your financial aid application, please email us at [email protected] for assistance.
Email Address: Throughout the admission season, we will send emails to you with important updates, notices and other information concerning the status of your admission and financial aid applications. (We do not send emails to parents, only to you!) It is extremely important that you provide an accurate, reliable email address that you monitor regularly. You should notify us promptly of any change to your email address. To do so, use the Applicant Contact Information Change Form available at your Admission Status Portal.